Tuesday, January 27, 2015

HEAR BJÖRK DISCUSS ‘VULNICURA’’S LEAK AND IMMEDIATE RELEASE



Björk has spoken publicly for the first time about her new album ‘Vulnicura’’s leak and the decision to release the LP immediately in advance of a March schedule.

Talking to Zane Lowe on his Radio 1 show, she discussed the ins and outs of releasing the album online as an immediate response.

“There is no way to say how you should react,” she said. “In my situation, I had one thing going for me - the album was mastered and ready. I don’t know how I would have reacted if it was four months before. And I think also, because of the nature of the album for me emotionally, it’s the sort of subject matter where I really wanted to just get it out of the way, over and done with. It was an immediate album and I did it so quickly and it was like ‘Oh, it’s leaked, let’s just put it out.’”

Elaborating on the album’s subject matter, she said: “I work a lot on my own. I actually like it, I don’t document it at all. It’s quite a secretive place for me. When Arca came, I’d done all the songs already, the strings and structure. A lot of it was done. When he came into it, it was more like a celebration, because he’s total magic.”

‘Vulnicura’ is out now on One Little Indian - read DIY’s initial review here and listen to the Zane interview below.

No comments:

Post a Comment